We decided to use Aloe Vera and Rose Hydrosol together to create a powerful skin serum
The rose hydrosol will help to hydrate and soothe the skin, while the aloe vera will help to heal and protect it. Together, these ingredients can help to improve the overall appearance of the skin and leave it feeling soft, smooth, and radiant.
Aloe vera : use and benefits for the skin according to science
Aloe vera is a medicinal plant that has been traditionally used since 1500 BC in many countries. Egyptian queens Nefertiti and Cleopatra incorporated Aloe vera into their regular beauty regimens.
To date, 75 compounds have been identified in Aloe vera, including 20 minerals, 20 amino acids, vitamins, and water. In vitro studies and studies conducted on living organisms have shown that Aloe vera can inhibit thromboxane (a wound healing inhibitor), enhance the wound healing process, and reduce inflammation.
The gel of Aloe vera contains magnesium lactate, which can help prevent the production of histamine that causes itching and skin irritation.
Scientific studies have demonstrated that Aloe vera:
- Soothes and calms irritated skin (R 1, 2, 3)
- Can help clear acne ( R 1, 2)
- Heals intimate wounds ( R 1, 2)
- Accelerates wound healing (R 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Protects the skin from sun damage (R 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Diminishes the appearance of wrinkles by boosting collagen production (R 1, 2, 3)
Aloe vera is renowned for its anti-tumour, anti-inflammatory, skin protective, anti-diabetic, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, antiseptic, and wound healing properties. The gel found inside the Aloe vera leaf is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, making it highly beneficial for maintaining healthy skin.
Distilled Damask Rose, the perfect co-ingredient to Aloe Vera
Rose hydrosol helps to tone and balance the skin, while providing additional moisture and promoting a healthy complexion. When combined with aloe vera, it can enhance the overall effectiveness of skincare products, providing a refreshing and rejuvenating experience for the skin.
Scientific studies have demonstrated that Rose Hydrosol i :
- Helps soothe skin irritation (eczema, rosacea) (R 1)
- Reduces skin redness and puffiness (R 1)
- Prevents and treats infections (R 1)
- Contains antioxidants for cell protection (R 1)
- Heals cuts, scars, and burns (R 1)
- Enhances mood (R 1)
- Has anti-aging properties (reduces appearance of wrinkles) (R 1)
These benefits make rose hydrosol a great co-ingredient to aloe vera, enhancing its soothing, healing, and rejuvenating properties for the skin.
How to use your moisturising serum :
- Anti-ageing face serum: Apply in the evening, on clean skin, under your regular moisturiser.
- Sunburn: Apply several times a day in thick layers.
- Wound: Carefully clean the affected area, and then apply aloe gel liberally to the skin. DO NOT apply to open wounds.
- Intimate wound: Aloe Rose serum can soothe dry and inflamed skin around the vaginal area. The serum can also help reduce itching and burning associated with vaginal infection. Apply Aloe Rose serum directly to the outer area of the vagina. Leave it for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.