Our Organic Maitake powder is made from the adaptogenic mushroom also known as the “dancing mushroom”. Studies have revealed significant healing potential on human cells.
Maitake is a revered adaptogen with remarkable healing properties. It assists the body in overcoming physical and mental challenges, restoring balance to unbalanced systems. While it adds flavor to recipes, it is primarily regarded as a medicinal mushroom. Native to Japan, China, and North America, it thrives beneath Oak, Elm, and Maple trees. Although it has been utilised in Japan and China for centuries, its popularity in the United States has surged in the past two decades, with people lauding its potential for health, vitality, and longevity.
What are adaptogens?
Adaptogens are called adaptogens because they help the body adapt to stress. They do this by increasing the body’s resistance to stressors, both physical and emotional. Adaptogens work by balancing the body’s hormones and neurotransmitters, and by improving the function of the immune system.
Health benefits associated with Maitake mushroom, backed by science:
- Immune System Support: Maitake’s D-fraction has been found to enhance immune response by increasing the production of lymphokines and interleukins, vital proteins for immune function. (R 1, 2)
- Anti-cancer properties: Research suggests maitake’s ability to inhibit the growth and reproduction of cancer cells. Studies have shown its effectiveness against various human cancer cells. (R 1, 2, 3)
- Heart Health: Consumption of maitake may contribute to maintaining healthy arteries, according to research findings. (R 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Type 2 Diabetes: Clinical trials have demonstrated that SX-fraction from maitake can help lower blood glucose levels, activate insulin receptors, and reduce insulin resistance in diabetes management. (R 1, 2, 3, 4)
Maitake shows enormous potential for healing. There are no guarantees, but the possibilities are promising.
It is important to note that adaptogens work differently for everyone, and some people may experience more benefits than others.
How to use your Organic Maitake powder :
Take 1 tsp daily, or split into two 1/2 tsp servings.
Maitake mushroom has an earthy aroma and a wholesome taste.
- Mix in a smoothie, coffee, yoghurt, soup, eggs…
If you experience any side effects, such as fatigue, headache, or stomach upset, stop taking the adaptogen and talk to your doctor.
Important notes & contraindications :
- Healing Potential: Maitake shows promising potential for healing, although results may vary.
- Allergic Reactions and Upset Stomach: While uncommon, allergic reactions and upset stomach are possible side effects.
- Diabetes and Blood Sugar: If you have diabetes, consult your doctor before consuming maitake as it may affect blood sugar levels.
- Blood Pressure: Maitake may lower blood pressure, so discuss with your doctor if you have hypotension.
- Surgery and Bleeding Disorder: Avoid maitake ingestion within two weeks of surgery or if you have a bleeding disorder.
- Pregnancy, Breastfeeding, and Autoimmune Disease: Consult your doctor before using maitake if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have an autoimmune disease.
- Individual Reactions: Maitake can affect individuals differently, so it’s important to consult with your doctor to assess potential risks and benefits.
Always seek advice from your doctor before incorporating maitake into your diet or taking it as a supplement. They can provide personalized guidance based on your specific circumstances.