Moringa powder is a concentrated form of moringa leaves that is made by drying and grinding the leaves into a fine powder.
Moringa, also known as the “Moringa oleifera” tree, is a fast-growing, drought-resistant tree native to parts of South Asia and tropical regions
It has a long history of use, dating back thousands of years, and has been treasured for its medicinal and nutritional properties in various cultures and regions around the world.
Moringa is highly valued for its potential health benefits. It is considered a nutritional powerhouse, containing a wide range of vitamins, minerals, and essential amino acids. It is known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-microbial properties.
Benefits of Moringa, backed by science :
Moringa oleifera has been scientifically studied for only a few of its numerous health benefits.
- Rich in powerful compounds (R 1)
- Antioxidant (R 1, 2)
- Helps lower blood sugar levels (R 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Reduces inflammations (R 1, 2, 3)
- Can lower cholesterol : potentially reducing the risk of heart disease (R 1, 2, 3, 4)
- May protect against arsenic toxicity : Arsenic contamination is a widespread issue affecting food and water in various regions. Specific rice varieties can contain dangerously high levels of arsenic (up to 30 times the safe limit). Prolonged exposure to such high levels can result in health problems, including an elevated risk of cancer and heart disease.(R 1, 2, 3)
- May help weight loss (R 1, 2)
It is important to note that natural compounds work differently for everyone, and some people may experience more benefits than others.
Benefits specific to men, backed by science :
- May promote prostate health : Test-tube studies have demonstrated that the glucosinolates from Moringa inhibit the growth of human prostate cancer cells (R 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
- May alleviate erectile dysfunction : Moringa leaves possess beneficial plant compounds known as polyphenols, which have the potential to improve blood flow by boosting nitric oxide production and reducing blood pressure. (R 1, 2, 3)
- May improve fertility : Studies have shown that Moringa leaves and seeds are excellent sources of antioxidants, which may help combat oxidative damage that can interfere with sperm production or damage sperm DNA. (R 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Studies have demonstrated that Moringa can enhance penile blood flow in healthy rats and alleviate erectile dysfunction (ED) in diabetic rats. Nevertheless, further research involving human subjects is necessary.
How to use :
Mix 1 tsp in food, 1 to 3 times per day, in smoothies, juices, or yogurt.
Important notes :
Men with low testosterone levels or those who are on medications for blood pressure or blood sugar control should consult their healthcare provider before using these supplements. The reason is that Moringa may interact with these medications and affect their efficacy.